a little background about the Pomsky – The Dog is an associate of the genus canine that forms part of the wolf-like canids and it is the widely copious carnivore.
The dog is the first domesticated species and has been bred in a selective manner for thousands of years for a variety of behaviors, physical attributes and sensory capabilities.
The dog has developed into hundreds of varied breeds and shows more behavioral and morphological variation than any other land mammal.
They are associated to human beings and this lead for the dogs to be in sync with human behavior and these are tuned to adjust to a diet that is starch-rich that can’t be adjusted by other carnivore species.
They vary largely in shape, color and size. Dogs perform a variety of roles for humans, such as pulling loads, hunting, herding, assisting military and police, pulling loads and, in recent times, aiding handicapped persons. Due to the large manipulate on human beings, they got a nickname “Man’s best friend”.
Pomsky: The Fun and watchful breed
The Pomsky is a mixed breed which is the result of crossing the Siberian husky with a Pomeranian with features from both the breeds.
If there is a new designer dogs breed, breeder usually has a target to introduce the world with new definition cuteness.
They are bred using artificial insemination as natural breeding would be dangerous due to the size difference between the parents. Evidently, their physical appearance and other traits are very unpredictable.
Then Pomskies temperament can be diverse depending on the genetic contribution of their parents, but usually they are highly intelligent, playful and moreover loving dogs.
Like the Pomeranian breeds, Pomskies highly protect their owners and they make good guard dogs.
They usually attempt on taking down anyone that they see as a danger or a risk to the family. Pomeranians can be skittish sometimes around small children unlike huskies.
What are the Pros and Cons of owning a Pomsky?
- They are Handsome and gorgeous.
- They get the size from the Pomeranian parent and has the appearance of a Husky.
- They have big eyes which are extraordinarily blue in color.
- They are intelligent, so we do not need a trainer to train them.
- They learn easily and are active creatures.
- They are so beautiful creatures that we cannot take our eyes of them.
- They are occasional barkers and can sometimes have the Husky howl too.
- They have a lifespan of 13 to 15 years.
- They are affectionate and loving towards its family.
- They would protect us and the family if we are in any danger.
- They can adjust to apartment living as long as they get out each day.
- They make a good watchdog and will bark to let you know of any intruders.
- They have a good tolerance to cold climates and does okay in warm ones.
- The fact about hybrid species is that the appearance cannot be predictable. All pomskies may not look the same.
- The price of a Pomsky is high. They cost more than a Pomeranian or a Siberian Husky.
- They are less welcoming to strangers until they are deemed ‘safe’.
- If they are not exercised enough they will become destructive, may bark or howl, chew and dig.
- They can sometimes be stubborn though, so you need to make sure you are clearly established as a leader and use firm tones.
- We should be consistent and stay calm. If they think at any point that they are the ones in charge, it can lead to that small dog syndrome.
- Early socialization and training are important for developing a better-rounded dog.
- They should not be kept where the climate is very hot.