Most of us spend half our lifetime judging others and being angry at them. We might be under the impression that it is natural but in reality, we are actually expressing some of our own frustrations in life. It might look like we are mitigating stress but this thinking is totally wrong. Everyone has heard the phrase random act of kindness and the sole purpose of this thought is to teach people to be kind to each other. This thought is just not for children and adults should also be motivated to strictly adhere to it. When we are kind to someone, we produce oxytocin, a hormone that is popularly known as the love hormone. This hormone when released gives us a feeling of wellbeing and relaxes us.
We all know that getting angry at someone never makes us feel good. If it does not, then how can getting angry actually be a good thing? So now let’s make it a point, whenever you feel sad or angry then swap those thoughts for some methods, such as making online donations to see how #KindnessChangesLives. 5 ways that random acts of kindness can change your lives are listed below:
- Enables you and others to think that the world is not a bad place after all.
- Makes people around you and yourself smile.
- Makes someone’s day happier.
- Mitigates stress and enhances the feeling of wellbeing in yourself as well as others.
- You can spread kindness by being kind to someone because you are motivating them to be kind to someone else for no apparent reason. This series goes on and people, in turn, get kind altogether to everyone around them.
We have some ideas to bring kindness in your life and others too. These ideas are given below:
- Offer your seat in the train or bus to someone else
- Talk to a homeless guy
- Keep a check on old neighbors and help them by spending some time with them and going shopping with them
- If someone always keeps you in your thoughts, then say thank you and return the favor by sending them flowers as gifts
- Make an effort to buy a gift for someone by knowing their interests so as to keep those things in mind when you actually shop for them
- If anyone you know is going through a tough time, be there for them and keep a regular check on them to see if they are doing better
- Take pride in the street you live and pick up the garbage you see on the roads in the bin. Don’t wait for the council to clear it and keep your streets clean. It will make people respect the area they live in and avoid the graffiti and garbage lying around in the whole neighborhood
- Recycle as often as possible and be kind to the planet
- Purchase a small gift every now and then for your loved ones to show them that you are thinking of them. The gift does not have to be very expensive, just a little thing will do the magic.
These ideas will enable you to enrich your life as well as others around you.